Reiki 1 – Shoden
The Reiki 1 course provides an introduction to the history, philosophy and theory of Reiki, and includes many practical exercises to boost the confidence and self development of the Reiki student. Reiki 1 is traditionally and primarily aimed at self healing, without healing oneself one cannot expect to help another. At this level we begin to learn to to feel the flow of Reiki and to accept and utilise it for personal development and healing as well as giving treatments to family and friends. Reiki 1 is about developing self practice.
Reiki 1 is taught over two days. All courses are taught in small groups and in a relaxed and fun style, with plenty of time for questions and hands on practice.
The course will cover:
- Reiki attunements
- The History and Philosophy behind Reiki
- The Reiki Principles or Precepts
- What is healing?
- What is energy?
- How to ‘tune-in’ to Reiki
- The Chakra system
- Energy cleansing techniques
- The hand positions for self healing and for healing others
- How to perform a Reiki self treatment
- How to give a Reiki treatment to others
- Simple steps to meditate
- How to breathe
- Reiki and spirituality
- Using Reiki in daily life