Receiving a Reiki treatment from a practitioner is simple. The recipient remains clothed and comfortably lies on a couch or sits on a chair. The practitioner gently places their hands non- intrusively, on or near the body using their intuition and training as a guide. There is no massage or manipulation. Reiki can be used on the person as a whole, or on specific parts of the body. It is also possible to receive Reiki at a distance.
Reiki treatments last for between 60 – 90 minutes although shorter times are possible.
- Reiki is hands on healing: Ki or universal energy is transmitted by simply placing your hands on a client or receiver.
- Reiki can heal your life: Reiki stimulates your body’s innate healing abilities and affects physical ailments. Reiki can also work at the root of many problems, whether physical, mental, or emotional. Japanese traditional medicine (acupuncture etc) uses a ‘root and branch’ philosophy, it is pointless simply treating the symptom without treating the underlying cause.
- Reiki is an aid to relaxation and stress management, it balances body and mind and aids in meditation.
- Reiki starts a detoxification process in the body, helping to release both physical and emotional toxins we take in every day.
- Reiki increases your intuitive sense of ‘self’ and helps you to become more aware of your life’s path and purpose.
- Reiki is a spiritual path but not a religion. It is a tool that works with whatever religious or spiritual path you have chosen to follow re-establishing your connection with the Universe and with the power and tranquillity that exists within you.
- Reiki will change your life!
Benefits of Reiki include:
Illness can be a time of great stress and so Reiki can help us cope by encouraging relaxation and bringing balance to both mind and emotions.
- Some of the benefits reported by Clients and Practitioners include deep relaxation, promoting a calm, peaceful sense of well being on all levels.
- Reiki encourages and supports positive personal choices, such as improving diet, taking more exercise, devoting time for rest or leisure activities, and may reduce the need for alcohol and tobacco. Engendering greater inner harmony and balance, regular Reiki treatments promote a calmer response to life’s challenges.
- Reiki’s gentle energy is easily adapted to most medical conditions and may be used safely by people of all ages, including the newborn, pregnant mothers, surgical patients, the frail and the elderly, in any situation.
- Being complementary, Reiki works effectively alongside orthodox healthcare and natural remedies, expanding treatment options.
- Reiki can enhance everyday living, and regular sessions may help to promote development of a healthier, more resourceful state of being.
- Reiki promotes natural self-healing
- Balances the energies in the body
- Strengthens the immune system
- Helps to relieve pain
- Clears toxins
- Releases blocked and suppressed feelings
- Aids meditation and positive thinking